– Week of Feb. 12: Finalists Contacted to Schedule Interviews
– Feb. 24: In-person Interviews in Denver
– March 1: Top two awardees’ names forwarded to ACEC National Competition (limited students enrolled in programs accredited by ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission).
– March 29: Scholarship Award Ceremony & Reception for Students, Parents & Faculty
Available Scholarships For 2018-19 Academic Year
Leonard Rice Memorial Scholarship ($6,000)*
William Russell Stoneman Scholarship ($5,000)*
Fu Hua Chen Scholarship ($4,000)
Muller Engineering James M. Condon Memorial Scholarship ($3,000): Learn More
James M. Condon Family Scholarship ($3,000): For student pursuing degree in civil engineering
Sandy Donnel Memorial Scholarship ($3,000)
Jack Bruce Memorial/APWA Colorado Scholarship ($2,500)
ACEC Colorado Scholarships ($2,000, seven available)
*The Leonard Rice Memorial Scholarship and William Russell Stoneman Scholarship recipients are also entered in the ACEC National Scholarship Program to potentially earn an additional scholarship of up to $11,500.
2017-18 Academic Year Scholarship Recipients
Named Scholarship Recipients
Jordan Becker Colorado State University, Pueblo Leonard Rice Memorial Scholarship
Caleb Johnson Colorado State University, Pueblo William Russell Stoneman Scholarship
Jacqueline Foss Colorado State University Fu Hua Chen Scholarship
Katherine Schneider Colorado School of Mines Sandy Donnel Memorial Scholarship
Cody Volt Colorado State University Muller Engineering James M. Condon Memorial Scholarship
Nicholas Sammons Colorado School of Mines Jack Bruce Memorial/American Public Works Association Scholarship
ACEC Colorado Scholarship Recipients
Amber Bishop University of Colorado
Anders Booth Colorado State University
Ryanne Buck Colorado State University
Cole Casey Colorado School of Mines
Scott Harbaugh Metropolitan State University of Denver
Leon Sport University of Denver
Robert Wilson, Jr. University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
Annual Colorado High School Bridge Building Contest* Winner
*Sponsored by the Bureau of Reclamation, the National Society of Professional Engineers of Colorado & ACEC Colorado
Christian Dalland Rampart High School, Colorado Springs
Scholarship Program Facts and Figures
All applicants are invited to ACEC Colorado’s annual reception for the Scholarship Program. At that time, applicants can meet and network with professionals from ACEC Colorado-member firms. See photos of recipients attending the 2017 Scholarship Reception at bit.ly/2o8fZza (Photos courtesy of The Unfound Door).
ACEC Colorado Scholarship Program Overview
The ACEC Colorado Scholarship Committee will award college scholarships to students enrolled in qualifying engineering programs as of the 2017-18 school year. The scholarship application is NOW OPEN to students that meets the following criteria:
- Entering junior, senior or fifth degree year in Fall 2018 (NOTE: Students graduating in December of that academic year are not eligible.)
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering or in an accredited land-surveying program in Colorado that is ABET-accredited and conforms to either the Engineering Accreditation Commission or Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission standards. (NOTE: if selected as one of the top two ACEC Colorado scholarship recipients, a student may advance to the ACEC National competition only if enrolled in an ABET-accredited program that conforms to the Engineering Accreditation Commission standards.)
- Is a full-time student as determined by the university.
- Has an understanding of the consulting engineering profession.
Other Funded Scholarships
ACEC Colorado also supports high school students through scholarship funding to:
– Architecture, Construction and Engineering (ACE) Mentor Program – $2,500
Annual Fundraiser | Contributions
The ACEC Colorado Scholarship Program is supported by funds raised through its annual golf tournament, as well as corporate and individual contributions. Thanks to the sponsors and players who raised nearly $15,000 toward scholarships for Colorado engineering student scholarships at the 2017 golf tournament on Monday, Aug. 7, at Plum Creek Golf Course (Castle Rock, Colo.).