Participation in the American Council of Engineering Companies of Colorado (ACEC/CO) activities is a benefit to all principals, associates, affiliates and staff of consulting engineering firms. Please contact Marilen Reimer, Executive Director, at the ACEC/CO office for additional information on how your firm can specifically benefit from membership in ACEC/CO; email@example.com; 303-832-2200.
- State and federal legislative activities on tort reform, liability, wage and hour, OSHA, procurement and many other issues.
- Training through seminars, courses, conferences and publications.
- Life/Health Insurance: Disability, medical (including managed indemnity plans, PPO’s, prescription drug card program, vision plan) plus life insurance and AD&D coverage. Cafeteria plans available. Administered for ACEC by UnitedHealthcare; 1-800-573-0415 or your local broker. The latest benefit from the Trust is Long Term Care through LTC Financial Partners: www.lifehealthtrustLTC.com. (ACEC/CO does not condition membership on any health status-related factor relating to an individual (including an employee of any employer or a dependent of an employee).
- Business and Professional Liability Insurance: Property, general liability automobile, workers’ compensation, and umbrella liability. Administered for ACEC by Marsh USA, underwritten by The Hartford. For more information contact Mike Janes at Marsh at 1-800-338-1391 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ACEC Retirement Programs: Tailor your plan with your choice of investment managers, record-keeping services, employee investment education and a variety of plan options such as profit sharing plans. 401(k) and money purchase plans. The program record keeper is Great-West Retirement Services. For more information about the Trust contact Nancy Barrette, Wells Fargo Advisory 1-800-521-9463; email@example.com.
- Discounts on rental cars, office services, etc. ACEC Discount Programs
- Information from newsletters, magazines, books, etc.
- Availability of coalitions to pursue special issues.
- Benefiting from the power of group activities, i.e., Qualifications Based Selection, lobbying, etc. on national, state and local level.
- Association and affiliation with engineers to enhance engineering presence in the marketplace and promote engineering business interests.
- Interchange of ideas and problem solving with peers in management.
- Recognition of your firm and key individuals in the firm in the engineering professions.
- Marketing/networking opportunities.
- Professional development.
- Promoting and maintaining an ethical environment.
- Programs for decision makers that may influence projects from an engineering viewpoint. (Externally focused programs)
- Promote engineering aspects of local projects to community.
Additional Opportunities for our membership are:
- Participate on committees, task forces, etc., particularly those which appeal to your interest.
- Contribute to meetings with input on topics that benefit consulting engineers
- Interacting with members and discover common interests.
- Enhance the image of ACEC of Colorado so that members and non-members will view it as the organization they need to belong to.
- Improve our collective presence in the marketplace as a major contributor to an improved quality of life as impacted by our work.
American Council of Engineering Companies of Colorado
- Creating Opportunities for Business Development
- Getting Back to Business Basics
- Creating a Legislative/Regulatory Climate That Promotes Quality Design